Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Critique of Chapter 7

After reading chapter 7, I feel that the learning technology is interesting, yet I am a bit skeptical about learning from home. While I think it is possible to gain a wide variety of knowledge, I also feel that the level of socialization that students receive in an actual classroom is essential. It is also important to have interhuman connections. I think that a web chat system would be inadequate because students need to connect with other human beings to learn. We learn so much from body language, voice tone/inflection, and the questions that other students have that I don't think online learning can be compensated for. Overall, I appreciate chapter 7, and I feel like it discusses both positive and negative aspects of learning, but overall, I believe that unless it is a last resort, distance learning is a poor choice.

No comments: